Saturday, July 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Moxie

Today is Moxie's 9th birthday.

8 years ago today, I made the best snap decision of my life, and brought a skinny, mangy, sickly dog home with me. I've never looked back.

Moxie is my best friend, my constant companion, my confidant, my partner, my love. I have never been so richly blessed in life before Moxie, and will never know a love like this again. She is my soul dog.

So I raise my glass in a toast to Moxie. The best dog ever. May we have many more happy years together.

So far we have celebrated with Birthday cookies (from me and her grandmama) and a pup cup ice cream treat. Lots of pets and cuddles of course, and some indoor romping and playing (its 104 degrees outside today) I'll probably take her to the lake to play on Monday when its less crowded. Then a bath, then a therapy visit Tuesday morning.

I do plan on getting Moxie her Swamp cooler and a custom made new collar for her birthday. Those may have to wait though, until I start getting regular paychecks again.

7 comments:

Dori said...

Happy Birthday Moxie!!! Hope you had a great day!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRETTY GIRL!!!!!!


B and R send their love to their favorite girl!

I think you were the best "snap" decision as well!

Rossi2009 said...

Happy Birthday Moxie!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Mrs Moxie! :)

Nancy at the Farm said...

Hoppy Barkday Moxie! We send our greetings from the Pacific Northwest and hopefully it will come with some cool breezes to you in Texas!

Your friends, Dozer, Cooper and Dottie

Molly the Airedale said...

Happy 9th birthday, Moxie! We hope you get lots of treats and pressies!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Debra Kay said...

Happy 9th Moxie old girl!